Saturday, October 31, 2009

2009 Toronto Marathon - Photos

I was expecting my wife to record my finish at the Toronto Marathon. As I was approaching the finish line, I didn't see her and my daughter, only my sister was there to test out her new camera... I wondered around the Queen's park for a good 20 - 30 minutes, I couldn't find them. Finally I went to the finish line again, there was my wife holding the camcorder shooting at the finish line! It turns out when she got to downtown and parked the car, my daughter wanted to go to pee, so while I was running my perfect finish of the race, they were busy looking for a public washroom - perfect timing :-)
That evening my daughter complained that I didn't wait for her to finish the race... and she wants me to run another marathon next day and wait for her this time! :-)



 
fueling up with gel


Jose and the 3:50 group doing 10:1 catching up before half way



finishing kick with little cramps everywhere




2008 - crossing the finish line
 
2009 - crossing the finish line




couldn't find my wife & daughter...


I like the taste of this big medal!

2 comments:

Boris T. said...

Nice pics!

Say where did you get those Canada tights?

Felix said...

Thanks Boris! I got it from Running Room. You should go check out this deal ASAP:
"From October 8 - November 7, 2009,
With the purchase of any RR Canada Product, customers will receive 50% off the second item of RR Canada Product they purchase (of equal or lesser value)."